Why is it so difficult to get rid of cockroaches?Publication date: March 4th, 2017 SOS Bestioles
The greatest challenge comes from their biology and their great abilities to adapt. Here are a few examples:
- The German cockroach is gregarious, it lives in dense groups.
- Roaches need 4 basic ingredients to survive: heat, water, food sources and hiding places. All these elements are easily found in any kitchen.
- Roaches are among the fastest insects.
- The German cockroach can remain active at temperatures as low as 12c.
- Roaches can feed on anything. They eat only small amount of food everyday, beware not to leave anything available to them.
- The German cockroach can fast and survive 30-40 days hidden in cracks if they feel threatened. Do not use detergent, disinfectant or spray. It will spread and worsen the infestation.
- The average lifespan of the German cockroach is 12 months.
- If you withdraw all food sources from them, cockroaches can survive through cannibalism, they will eat the weakest ones.
- Nymphs can hatch even when their mother is already dead.
Cockroaches have indeed developed adaptations through evolution to survive.
We offer our services: in Gatineau.
We are opened
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
We pick up the phone on weekends
Call for emergencies
- Ultrasonic Rodent Repellent, Effective?March 18th, 2018
- Thousands of Ants!August 21st, 2017
- Why is it so hard to get rid of moles?March 6th, 2017
- Why do I have mice in my house ?March 5th, 2017
- Why is it so difficult to get rid of cockroaches?March 4th, 2017